Personal information about an individual may include the following:
- Phone number
This policy describes the standardized practices and procedures for the protection of personal information by Gainfront SDS.
This policy covers Gainfront’s desktop and mobile websites, email subscription services such as our e-newsletter, “Member Alert” mailings, and our blog. If you are reading this policy and are concerned with a privacy issue that is not covered by this document, please contact us at email@example.com.
Gainfront is committed to the following:
Accurate, accessible information
- Providing easy to access, accurate, and understandable information about our privacy practices.
- Dated policies so users are aware of how recently that policy has been updated.
- Giving you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained within the communication.
- Providing clear information, where it occurs, on the impact that the collection and use of your data, by third parties.
- Ensuring that you have the relevant detail to make an informed choice about data sharing, and the tools at your disposal to enact that choice.
- Transparency on what data is collected, how it is stored and used.
- Gainfront does not sell your personal data, rent it, out or share it with external agencies.
- The information is kept only as long as the user subscribes or until they unsubscribe to a list.
- If you unsubscribe from e-communications, the data you’ve submitted, in order tosubscribe, is permanently deleted from our databases.
- Adherence to data protection standards and practices to help protect your information (while recognizing that no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure).
What data does Gainfront collect?
Gainfront does not monitor or collect information about individual visitors to its site. Site activity is monitored through the collection of aggregate information only. Such as:
- Total number of visits to the site.
- Time spent by users on individual pages.
- Users’ country of origin and other top-level domains.
- The download of papers and publications.
Gainfront has facilities for site users to register interest in certain issues and receive relevant information. To enable Gainfront to send users the information they require, the following information only will be requested:
- First name (optional)
- Second name (optional)
- Email address
- Preferred language
- Job title (optional)
- Organization (optional)
- Whether your organization is a Gainfront SDS’s client or customer
Gainfront uses this information to personalize the service provided to you and fulfill our service to our member organizations. Gainfront does this to ensure that communications you receive are as you would expect, in your preferred language, for example. Fulfilling our service to our member organization may be in the form of notifying an organization, on request, which of their supplier has signed up to receive e-communications.
How is it collected?
This information is collected through data that you voluntarily submit. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your information secure, accurate, and up to date, and that we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary.
On Gainfront’s website, we have the ability for users to sign up to receive communication updates from us, for which we request information to personalize those communications. This is done via a web form that then stores the data directly onto our database and our email service provider. Both these storage systems have secure access.
Why is it collected?
As set out in the above section, “What data does Gainfront collect”, data is collected to personalize the service provided to you. Gainfront does this to ensure that communications you receive are as you would expect, in your preferred language, for example. Fulfilling our service to our member organization may be in the form of notifying an organization, on request, which of their suppliers has signed up to receive e-communications.
In addition to this, non-personal data is collected to monitor and evaluate our website’s performance. From how popular our content is, which will be used to steer our editorial direction, to how well our site navigation is working (whether users can find resources we provide easily). We use this non-personal data to guide our website’s development.
What does giving your consent mean?
We will only send you information by e-mail, or phone if you have given us specific consent. We are led by your subscription; only contacting you if your subscription is active. If you unsubscribe and then choose to re-subscribe/opt-in to receive e-communications from us, then you will receive communications from us again.